Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Why I think I may need to go live in Russia...

One reason: this video. Possibly the funniest thing I have ever seen. Ever.



Sweet Lord! What the hell is going on here? And more to the point, what the hell was going on in the brainstorming session where those musical geniuses cooked the whole thing up? I'm both seduced by this craziness and utterly utterly confused.. So. Many. Questions... 
What drugs has that man taken?
Was it drugs that caused him to lose his eyebrows?
Why is he walking in such a jaunty fashion? (Again.. drugs?)
Is that his real hair? (I say improbable, given already discussed lack of eyebrows)
When was an all-brown colour scheme considered a good look for TV?
Is that an oversized coat rack in the background?
And I know I don't speak Russian.. but it seems pretty apparent even to me that this song contains no actual words... which may make it unique in the history of music videos.
I really cannot describe how this clip makes me feel. A little scared, admittedly, but also intrigued, very intrigued..

2 comments:

  1. Uhm... his facial contortions give me the heebie jeebies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is weird, funny, and spooky. I echo your sentiments ... What the hell is going on here?
    One of the funniest videos I have seen is this parody about Shakira's Whenever-whenever.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8QH93jWZbk

    Hope ypu like it.

    ReplyDelete