Monday, November 16, 2009

Plan your Escape this Summer..

Because.. Snake is back!



Yes, I'm right this second watching one of what must surely be the greatest films of all time. Of all time. Yo, Kanye would back me up.

Of course, instead of marvelling at Kurt Russell's mesmerising snakeskin leggings, the like of which we're all bound to be sporting in 2013 (I've got mine already), I should be booking tickets to Argentina. Yep, its that time again - the visa run, also known as the sanity-preserving Escape From Chi-Lay.

Ok so I'm not carrying a time-bomb virus in my body with which the authorities are blackmailing me into finding the President's daughter, nor am I trying to save the world from imminent destruction at the hands of Cuervo Jones, who to my mind sounds more like a mixed drink than a threatening villain, but other than that, I see many similarities between myself and Mr Plisskin.

For one, Santiago and the LA prison hell from which Snake has to escape are not dissimilar. Certainly the fashion seems to be from around the same era. I'm pretty sure I saw several pairs of snakeskin and other assortedly patterned leggings today. Also, Snake's mullet seems to be trendy here, although the eye-patch is yet to catch on. Plus this visa run will this time be to Bariloche rather than Mendoza, which means passing through the Lakes District, and if Chile's geological instability lives up to its reputation, leaves the door open for a reenactment of Snake's biggest achievement - surfing a giant tsunami with Peter Fonda whilst racing a car containing Steve Buscemi, including a jump from the surfboard to the back of the moving car.




Now... imma let Snake finish..

4 comments:

  1. ha! did you not know that this is one of Andrew and my most favourite movies of all time? Where were you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking of you both as I wrote this. Well, when I wasn't thinking about Snake and his leggings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhm... did you say snake skin leggings? Dang! If that's the case I might need a lot of therapy. It will be like when I saw those fake acid-washed jeans leggings at the mall last week. I had nightmares. I can't handle anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Maybe we should start a support group "expats against bad fashion" and campaign against bum-bags and acid-wash-jeans-leggings. And every now and then we'll go on a shopping trip to Buenos Aires.

    ReplyDelete